It takes a lifetime of caring for your dental health to achieve healthy teeth. Even when you’re told you have lovely teeth, it essential to follow proper guidelines provided by dentistry experts in Grants Pass on a daily basis to take care of your pearly whites to prevent any issues. It entails purchasing the right oral care products and being mindful of your regular dental habits. Find out more about Allen Creek Dental Dentists in Grants Pass.
Follow along while dental experts offer handy tips to help improve your oral health:
- Do not crawl in for the night until you’ve brushed your teeth. The general recommendation is that you should brush your teeth twice daily. However, many of us neglect to brush our teeth at night.
- Brushing your teeth before you call it a day helps you to get rid of plaque and germs that accumulated during the day. Brush your pearly white correctly. Doing a mediocre job of brushing your teeth is almost as bad as not brushing it at all. Relax and take your time by moving your toothbrush gently in circular motions to get rid of plaque. You do not want to contract gingivitis (early gum disease)
- Brush your tongue too. The plaque also builds upon your tongue, which leads to bad odors in your mouth and other oral health issues.
- Utilize fluoride-based toothpaste at all times. We all tend to worry about whitening and removing bacteria when using toothpaste. Toothpaste containing fluoride is regarded as a leading defense mechanism against tooth decay. The fluoride also forms a protective barrier to prevent decay.
- Flossing is as much needed as brushing your teeth. Besides getting rid of pieces of food in between your teeth, flossing stimulates your gums, lower inflammation, and reduces plaque. Opt for ready to use dental flossers from your local drugstore. Make sure you wrap the dental floss lightly around your two index fingers and leave a thumb’s width between the two fingers before you proceed to gently slide it up and down, at least, three times.
- Use mouthwash regularly. While ads everywhere show the importance of mouthwash, many people do not seem to think so, and they may not be aware of how to use it correctly. Using it regularly will assist you in three ways; reduce acid in your mouth, cleaning hard to reach areas, and remineralizing your teeth. Ask your dental practitioner or a dentist Grants Pass to demonstrate the correct way to use it, and which mouthwash brands are the best ones.
- Consume more water. Make no mistake, water is the best beverage for good health, including oral health. One should drink water after every meal you had. This way, you wash away the adverse effects of acidic and acid foods between brushes.
- Eat crunchy veggies and fruits. While ready to food is super convenient, it is not necessarily all that healthy for your teeth. Eating fresh and crunchy produce contains enough healthy fiber and is seen as the best choice for your teeth. Kids should be encouraged to bite hard to digest foods at a younger age already to get their jaws working.
- Limit the intake of acidic and sugary foods. Sugar eventually converts into acid, which then erodes your tooth enamel. These are the kind of acids that lead to cavities. Beware of too many teas, coffees, and fruits as it will also have an effect on your tooth’s enamel and wear it down. You do not have to shun these foods altogether but should limit how much you consume.
- Visit your dental practitioner twice yearly. While it’s true that your daily dental habits are essential to good oral health, you still need to see your dentist for a regular checkup. As a minimum, we should make it our mission to book an appointment bi-annually. Not only are these dental professionals able to remove calculus, but they can also spot cavities and treat them accordingly.
Did you know that some dental insurance firms would cover more regular dental checkups than just once or twice yearly? So, why not take advantage of it. Doing so will be of great benefit if you have a history of dental problems like frequent cavities and gingivitis.